These strawberry-goji berry-banana muffins are a healthy, paleo treat that the whole family can enjoy. My son loves strawberries but won’t touch other berries so I decided to grind up frozen strawberries with some goji berries to make this antioxidant muffin! He didn’t even notice either of the berries and loved them. These are grain free, gluten free, starch free and full of protein and antioxidants. I love making them on Sunday morning so I have an easy go to breakfast during the week. Enjoy!
Paleo Strawberry Goji Berry Banana Muffins
Prep time: 8 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 33 mins
Serves: 12 muffins
- ⅓ cup coconut flour (I buy mine from Trader Joe’s)
- ¼ cup cashew or almond meal (Trader Joe’s)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee or butter, melted (Trader Joe’s)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup coconut or almond milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup grade B
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tsp baking soda + 2 tsp apple cider vinegar, mixed thoroughly in a separate pinch bowl
- 1/3 cup frozen organic strawberries (grinded)
- 1/4 cup goji berries (grinded)
- Preheat oven to 375 F and grease or line a muffin pan.
- Combine in large mixing bowl: coconut flour and cashew or almond meal. Mix together.
- Add to mixing bowl: beaten eggs, maple syrup, melted coconut oil or ghee, coconut milk or almond milk, vanilla, mashed banana, and baking soda +vinegar mixture. Stir together thoroughly.
- Add to the mixing bowl: ground up strawberries and goji berries. Fold gently into the batter.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan.
- Bake at 375 f for 25 to 30 minutes or until done in center and toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and serve.
Please contact Simone Wan at my Fairfield CT Acupuncture office with any questions. Thanks
Simone, these strawberry goji muffins are amazing!! Thanks so much!